Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Stop being clever. Please.

I'm am so sick of companies trying to be 'clever'.

Just tell me what it is and how much it ccosts. No small print. No gimmicks.

I just saw a Home Depot van sporting the large ad on the side that said: YOU CAN RENT ME HOURLY. ONLY $19.00 FOR 75 MINUTES.

Clever, huh?

Jerks.

If it just said '$19.00 per hour' I would understand. Now if I want to rent said van I have to read all the small print cuz they're 'clever'

Who the heck rents a van for a 75 minute hour anyhow?

The 75 minute hour might also explain why Wifey looks way older than me....

6 comments:

Sparkle Plenty said...

They didn't mean the van; they meant the driver of the van. If I rented the driver of the van, I'd make him or her explain the metric system to me. Longest 75 minutes of his or her life.

(Are you ever expecting to eat pancakes again?)

Cake said...

Must be a Canadian van...you'll have to do the conversion.

Cake said...

Sparkle:

I think maybe HE'LL be making the pancakes tonight, whatta you think?

Sparkle Plenty said...

Ooooh, yes, my hummingbird-saving friend. I think the lad will be makin' pancakes. It might be wise to make 'em chocolate chip.

Anonymous said...

Delete last line ASAP !!! - too close to home for such inflammed comments. Haven't you ever heard of (literally) biting the hand that feeds you (pancakes)?

You're gonna get it, you're gonna get it! And if you don't, you should!

Sparkle Plenty said...

Hey! Is all the action on the Beatles Game blog? sound of feet running